Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Visual, Evocative Expression to Emphasize Something: “I wish he (Pope Francis) could bottle it because I would order a case...”

Here is a recent example of a highly articulate American using a vivid, evocative expression while emphasizing something and thus making his assertion indelible:

During his last appearance on CBS “Face the Nation” (April 20, 2014), an elated Cardinal Timothy Dolan talked about how the popularity of the Catholic Church was at a historic high, saying “more people than ever feel that the Church is in touch with their needs,” something he attributed to the new pope. “Pope Francis has ignited the imagination of the world,” said Dolan, which led to interviewer Norah O’Donnell asking “What is it about Pope Francis?”  Here is how the Archbishop responded:

“I wish I knew and I wish he could bottle it because I would order a case…I need it,” followed by his customary big laugh.


© Copyright 2014  V. J. Singal

No comments:

Post a Comment